Written byMackenzie Taylor
Jump to a section ✨
Why should your business be on TikTok?
What are the benefits for a business to be on TikTok?
Brand awareness ⭐️
New customers 🤗
Promote products 🛍
Schedule content ⏰
How often should you post on TikTok for business?
How to create a business TikTok account
- Create a personal TikTok account to start.
- Once you have your account, go to your profile and click “Settings and Privacy.”
- Select “Manage account”
- Click on Switch to Business Account.
- Select the items that describe your company.
- And now you have a business account on TikTok!
Ways to use TikTok for business
Create fun, unique content
- Figure out who your audience is. Who the heck are you talking to? Are they young? Older? What kind of content are they engaging with already? Start looking through your demographics and figuring out who is following you currently and what kind of content they want. From there, start building a strategy around videos they currently engage with and how you can create versions that are completely you’re own that they will like.
- Show yourself off! People follow brands for a reason—and usually, that reason is that people feel a connection to that brand. Show a more human side of yourself, show behind the scenes of your business or brand. Give people a reason to want to follow your brand.
- Get involved with current trends. If you want a chance at going viral, one of the easiest ways is by hopping on a current trend or sound going around TikTok. Look up trending hashtags, videos, or music, and create your own version of the current trend. But make sure that it makes sense for your business or brand to be part of. Don’t jump on the bandwagon just to jump on. It needs to feel authentic to you.
Work with influencers
@hellotefi #OlayPartner I’ve always been a fan of the thirst trap!! thanks @Olay for helping me with this one lol #olayultimatethirsttrap ♬ original sound – hellotefi
Create a TikTok challenge
Advertise, advertise, advertise
- Brand takeovers: This is a type of ad that shows up as soon as a user opens their app. The ad can be 3-second photos or 3.5-second videos. These are pretty pricey but very effective.
- In-feed ads: While scrolling their TikTok, users will get these types of native ads in their feed. They can be up to 60 seconds long and can link to a landing page outside the TikTok app.
- TopView ads: Again, another expensive ad campaign but are way more natural than a brand takeover. The videos are 5-60 seconds and users can engage with the ad by liking, commenting, and sharing.
Use analytics to create an effective strategy
Optimize your account
How to create a TikTok video
- Open the TikTok app and click the “+” sign at the bottom of the screen.
- You can either upload videos or photos you have on your phone already or record footage within the app.
- Choose a sound (we recommend something that is trending that you can use!).
- You can “adjust clip” to edit anything in your video that you don’t want in there.
- Create transitions, add text, or any other effects you’d like on the video.
- Write a caption (you have 2500 characters so we recommend using them!) and add hashtags (this will help you get discovered on the app!).
How to create a TikTok Ads Manager account
- Head to the Ads Manager sign-up page here.
- Enter your details and click “Send code.”
- Enter the phone or email verification code.
- Click “Sign up.”
- Enter your business info and click “Register.”
Social Media Marketing Tips: Small Business Guide 2024
The world of social media can be daunting for small business owners. If you’re just getting started, here are our top tips for businesses when it comes to social media management.
1 month ago
How to Use Flick’s Instagram Hashtag Metrics in 2024
What Instagram hashtag metrics we provide and how to use them to improve your hashtag research and grow your Instagram account organically.
9 days ago
How to Start (And Be Successful At!) Your Own Digital Marketing Business
This Small Business Saturday, we spoke with Crystal from Small Business Mentor on how to start a digital marketing business, the mistakes she’s learned along the way, and the tools she uses to make he...
26 days ago