Written byMackenzie Taylor
What is brand authenticity?
View this post on Instagram
How do you know if your brand is authentic?
- The values that your brand states online—do you follow through on them? Do you change your mission statement a lot to whatever is convenient to you, or do you stick with one thing so your audience isn’t confused about who you are?
- Do you deliver on the things you promise your clients and audience? Do your products actually look like what you’re selling? Do you follow through on your terms and conditions?
- Are you serving your clients to the best of your ability or do you just not care? How are you best serving your client base?
Why is brand authenticity important?
- It helps you build stronger and more lasting connections with your audience. Have you ever read something online and instantly known that the person wasn’t being entirely truthful? Yeah, people think the same thing about brands that don’t seem authentic online. Build better connections and a stronger audience by being authentic in everything you write. Don’t try to be something you’re not. Stay true to yourself and your brand.
- It helps you stand out among the competition. Build up brand loyalty with your clients and we guarantee that you will stand out among the crowd.
- This goes along with #2, but when you are authentic throughout every part of your marketing, it’ll elevate you above everyone around you. Showcase your authenticity in your marketing ads, on social media, everywhere and your customers will see that, pay attention, and help you market your brand by talking about it with friends or posting about it online.
How to build brand authenticity
Understand who your audience is
Start working on a social strategy
- What are your brand’s values?
- What makes your brand different than others?
- Why should someone follow you and your brand?
- Is there anything from your brand you could be sharing online that you’re not?
- Share behind-the-scenes glimpses of your brand’s operations, manufacturing process, or office culture.
- Introduce your team and share their stories, highlighting their experience, expertise, and passion for the industry.
- Feature real customer testimonials, reviews, or case studies that demonstrate the benefits and quality of your products or services.
- Provide educational content, such as how-to guides, tutorials, or industry insights that showcase your knowledge and expertise.
- Participate in social or environmental initiatives, and share how your brand is making a positive impact in the community.
- Show off your certifications, awards, or recognition from reputable organizations or industry leaders.
- Offer transparent policies, such as clear pricing, return, and refund policies, or ethical sourcing practices.
- Host Q&A sessions or live events where your audience can ask questions and learn more about your brand and values.
- Collaborate with other reputable brands or influencers in your industry to showcase your shared values and build credibility.
- Share your brand story, mission, and values to show what drives your brand and how you stand out in the market.
Evaluate how well your content is performing
Talk Social To Me
Get the latest social media gossip, memes, news and tips sent straight to your inbox.
The Best Time to Post on Instagram in 2024
If you’re struggling to figure out when to post on your account, we’ve broken down the best times to post on Instagram so you can reach your followers when they’re most active.
28 days ago
What’s the Best Time to Post on LinkedIn in 2024
In this guide, we’re helping you figure out when the best time to post on LinkedIn for your page and the best practices when posting on LinkedIn.
1 month ago
When is the Best Time to Post on TikTok in 2024
If you’re struggling to figure out the best time to post on TikTok, we’ve got you. Read through to find the best times for your video to go viral!
29 days ago