Written byMackenzie Taylor
What are the new Instagram messaging features?
- Reply while you browse: Instead of being sent back to your inbox when you receive a message while you’re browsing your feed, you can now reply while scrolling. Easy and convenient.
- Quickly share to friends: By tapping and holding the share button, you can quickly reshare posts to your friends.
- See who’s online: Similar to Facebook, you’ll now be able to see who is currently online when you’re on Instagram.*
- Send some music: You’ll be able to share a 30-second preview of a song with friends quickly.
- Send messages quietly: If you’re looking to send a message to a friend without notifying them, add @silent to your message.
- Lo-Fi chats: There is now a lo-fi chat theme to make your conversations more personal.
- Create polls: You can now create polls with your friends within messaging! So those nights when none of you can decide where you want to go to dinner? Send a poll over in the group chat.
Talk Social To Me
Get the latest social media gossip, memes, news and tips sent straight to your inbox.
TikTok Launches TikTok Now: A BeReal-Inspired App
TikTok has released its own version of BeReal: TikTok Now. Learn everything you need to know about this latest feature and app!
1 year ago
Meta Verified: What It Is and What It Means for You
Meta Verified is officially being tested! Learn everything about the verification subscription and if you should subscribe for your account.
9 days ago
Everything You Need to Know About Instagram Broadcast Channels
Still unsure about what the heck a Broadcast Channel is? Here is everything you need to know about the latest Instagram feature.
4 months ago