Written byJulia Cohen
Jump to a section ✨
What image sizes can you post on Instagram in 2023?
Instagram Square photo size
Instagram Portrait photo size
Instagram Landscape photo size
Choosing between portrait and landscape
- To switch to a portrait or landscape image, tap the crop icon at the left.
- To make sure you get the exact shape you want, pinch the screen.
- Move your fingertip around the photo to adjust the cropping.
- To edit or filter, tap Next.
- Add tags and captions by tapping Next.
- Tap Share in the upper right corner to post.
Instagram Reels and Stories size
- The feed shows reel previews in a 4:5 aspect ratio. It’s resized and cropped from the top and bottom.
- You can find captions in an overlay at the bottom corner of the reel.
- The maximum length of a reel is between 30 and 90 seconds.
What image sizes can you post on Facebook?
Facebook: Shared Link: 1200 x 628
- Recommended upload size of 1200 x 628 pixels.
- Square Photo: Minimum 116 x 116 on page.
- Square Photo: Minimum 154 x 154px in feed.
- Rectangular Photo: Minimum 484 x 252 on page.
- Rectangular Photo: Minimum 470 x 246 pixels in feed.
Facebook Event Image: 1920 x 1005
- Recommended upload size: 1920 x 1005
- Facebook resizes to minimum dimensions: 470 × 174.
- Shows in feed as 470 × 174.
What image sizes can you post on YouTube?
YouTube Banner Image Size: 2048 x 1152 Pixels
- Recommended image size is 2048 x 1152 with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Maximum file size allowed is 6MB.
YouTube Image Size: Video Thumbnail
- Recommended image size: 1280 x 720 pixels with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Recommended image size:1280 x 720 pixels at 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Channel header image: 2560 x 1440 px (for desktop), 1855 x 423 px (for tablets), 1546 x 423 px (for smartphones), and 2560 x 1440 px (for TV)
- YouTube Skippable in-stream ads: 1280 x 720 px (720p)
- YouTube Companion banner ads: 300 x 250 px
- YouTube Skippable video ads length: 6 – 20 seconds
- YouTube Non-skippable video ads length: 12 seconds to 3 minutes (30 seconds is recommended)
- YouTube Channel profile photo: 800 x 800 px
- YouTube Video Thumbnail: 1280 x 720 px
- YouTube Overlay ads: 480 x 70 px
- YouTube Display ads: 300 x 50 px
- YouTube Supported image file types: PNG, JPG, GIF, or BMP
What image sizes can you post on Twitter?
- Twitter cover photo size: 1500 x 500 pixels (less than 5 MB)
- Twitter profile picture size: 400 x 400 pixels (less than 2 MB)
- In-stream photo size: 440 x 220 pixels
- Shared image: 900 x 450 pixels
- File size: 10 MB (max)
- Recommended file type: JPG, GIF, or PNG file
- You can share up to 4 images at once.
What image sizes can you post on Pinterest?
Pinterest Pin Sizes
- Recommended image aspect ratio of 2:3 to 1:3.5.
- Minimum width is 600 pixels for expansion
- Maintain aspect ratio is 900 px
Pinterest Board Display
- 222 x 150 pixels (large thumbnail)
- 55 x 55 pixels (smaller thumbnail)
What image sizes can you post on TikTok?
TikTok Social Image Sizes in 2023
- TikTok Profile photo: 200 x 200px
- TikTok Video: 1080 x 1920px, maximum 3 min
- TikTok videos are up to 10min in length
- TikTok in-feed ad video aspect ratio: 9:16, 1:1, or 16:9
Snapchat Social Image Sizes
- Geofilter image size: 1080 x 1920px
- Ads image size: 1080 x 1920px
- Stories’ size: 1080 x 1920px; max file size 34 MB; duration: 10 seconds or less
That’s a Wrap!
How to Get Verified on Instagram (With Tips and Tricks!)
Getting verified on Instagram is an important step to proving that your account is the real deal. We’ll walk you through how to apply for Instagram verification and give you some tips and tricks on ho...
7 months ago
Instagram Reels Hashtags: Everything You Need to Know
We walk you through how to find and utilize the best hashtags for your Instagram Reels to get you higher engagement and better reach on your video content.
1 year ago
Instagram Hashtag Strategy Guide 2023
Want to up your Instagram hashtag strategy but don’t really know how it works or where to start? Take a look at our comprehensive guide.
1 year ago