How to Launch a Successful Social Media Campaign
Want to launch a successful social media campaign but don’t know where to start? Use our guide, packed with resources, strategies and more.
Written byJulia Cohen
Jump to a section ✨
Step one: outline your goals and resources 🏹
- What channels are you creating this campaign for? Is it solely for Instagram, or is it a multi-platform activation that will sit across TikTok, IG, Facebook and Twitter?
- What is your intention or goal? Are you trying to drive traffic and awareness or is this campaign purely sales-focused?
- Some KPIs could include; Traffic, Engagement Rate, Conversions, Product button taps/clicks, Impressions, Views, Reach, or Goal Completions.
- How long will this campaign last? Is this an always-on activation, or will it last a few weeks to a month?
- What audience are you trying to reach? Is it your existing, dedicated fans, or are you trying to cast a wide net, to reach new people?
- Is this campaign going to purely sit on your organic social channels, or do you have a pot of budget you can use for paid social?
- Will you be leveraging influencer marketing as part of this campaign?
Step two: Analyze the competition 👀
Best launches on social media
Case Study 1: Maybelline Sky High Mascara
@alxcext Testing out the viral maybelline sky high mascara #WonderWaterWhip ♬ original sound – ♡
Case Study 2: Spotify Wrapped
Some more of the best social media launches to look into:
- Apple: Shot on an iPhone: The brand encouraged user-generated content to show the quality of what could be shot on an iPhone in an always-on marketing campaign. The brand made sure to make the #ShotoniPhone front and centre in their bio, after seeing millions of content created into the hashtag.
- Getty museum challenge
We challenge you to recreate a work of art with objects (and people) in your home.
🥇 Choose your favorite artwork
🥈 Find three things lying around your house⠀
🥉 Recreate the artwork with those items
And share with us. pic.twitter.com/9BNq35HY2V
— Getty (@GettyMuseum) March 25, 2020
- Oreos ‘oreoscope’
- Airbnb: We Are Here Facebook Live
- McDonald’s: I’m Lovin’ It Superbowl Campaign
- Nintendo Switch Launch
- Anthropologie: Open Call
Step three: brainstorm ideas 🧠
Social media campaign brainstorming starting points:
- What are you trying to market? Can you create a play on words to come up with your campaign name/hashtag or think about fun things to leverage within your niche?
- What’s trending on social right now, and how can you use a TikTok sound or a Reels challenge to your advantage?
- Who are you trying to reach, what would they value and respond to?
- Do you want your partners all to create the same piece of content as a starting point, or do you want to kick off your campaign and let people follow?
- Will you include an incentive for your followers to create user-generated content? Will you include or leverage a competition?
- Will you build your campaign around a sound or start a trend?
- Who would be your best partners to get the word out?
Step five: measure your performance and adapt your strategy 📈
50+ AI Social Media Prompts For Quick Content Creation
Not sure how to use AI tools to create better content? Check out our list of the 50+ best ChatGPT prompts to generate engaging social media posts.
10 days ago
Instagram Username Ideas: How To Choose The Perfect Instagram Username
Struggling to come up with Instagram username ideas? Take a look at our list for inspiration as well as tips for creating unique handles.
5 months ago
Instagram Analytics: Your Ultimate Guide
Instagram Insights: Your Guide to all things Posts, Reels, IGTV, Stories + More and how to use them for your overall Instagram strategy.
3 months ago