Written byJulia Cohen
Jump to a section ✨
Step one: outline your goals and resources 🏹
- What channels are you creating this campaign for? Is it solely for Instagram, or is it a multi-platform activation that will sit across TikTok, IG, Facebook and Twitter?
- What is your intention or goal? Are you trying to drive traffic and awareness or is this campaign purely sales-focused?
- Some KPIs could include; Traffic, Engagement Rate, Conversions, Product button taps/clicks, Impressions, Views, Reach, or Goal Completions.
- How long will this campaign last? Is this an always-on activation, or will it last a few weeks to a month?
- What audience are you trying to reach? Is it your existing, dedicated fans, or are you trying to cast a wide net, to reach new people?
- Is this campaign going to purely sit on your organic social channels, or do you have a pot of budget you can use for paid social?
- Will you be leveraging influencer marketing as part of this campaign?
Step two: Analyze the competition 👀
Best launches on social media
Case Study 1: Maybelline Sky High Mascara
Case Study 2: Spotify Wrapped
Some more of the best social media launches to look into:
- Apple: Shot on an iPhone: The brand encouraged user-generated content to show the quality of what could be shot on an iPhone in an always-on marketing campaign. The brand made sure to make the #ShotoniPhone front and centre in their bio, after seeing millions of content created into the hashtag.
- Getty museum challenge
We challenge you to recreate a work of art with objects (and people) in your home.
🥇 Choose your favorite artwork
🥈 Find three things lying around your house⠀
🥉 Recreate the artwork with those items
And share with us. pic.twitter.com/9BNq35HY2V
— Getty (@GettyMuseum) March 25, 2020
- Oreos ‘oreoscope’
- Airbnb: We Are Here Facebook Live
- McDonald’s: I’m Lovin’ It Superbowl Campaign
- Nintendo Switch Launch
- Anthropologie: Open Call
Step three: brainstorm ideas 🧠
Social media campaign brainstorming starting points:
- What are you trying to market? Can you create a play on words to come up with your campaign name/hashtag or think about fun things to leverage within your niche?
- What’s trending on social right now, and how can you use a TikTok sound or a Reels challenge to your advantage?
- Who are you trying to reach, what would they value and respond to?
- Do you want your partners all to create the same piece of content as a starting point, or do you want to kick off your campaign and let people follow?
- Will you include an incentive for your followers to create user-generated content? Will you include or leverage a competition?
- Will you build your campaign around a sound or start a trend?
- Who would be your best partners to get the word out?
Step five: measure your performance and adapt your strategy 📈
The Best AI Instagram Caption Generators You Need in 2024
These 5 tools will help you get started on writing engaging Instagram captions to help your account grow and streamline your workflow.
1 month ago
Opening a Hair Salon: Your Step-by-Step Guide
Thinking about opening your own hair salon? Here are the steps you need to take and the tools you need to get started.
21 days ago
Social Media Monitoring Tools You Need in 2024
Stay on top of your social media presence with these relevant social media monitoring tools to help make your marketing strategy so much easier.
1 month ago