Written byMackenzie Taylor
Jump to a section ✨
How To Create An Instagram Content Calendar
Step 1: Determine Your Social Media Strategy
- How does my account serve me?
- What is the ideal number of posts per day/week?
- Will my account have a theme?
- What’s the best time in your timezone and industry?
- What different content types should you post?
- Who’ll maintain and schedule posts for your account?
Step 2: Audit Your Social Accounts
- What are your current social media channels?
- Are there social media platforms where you don’t have a presence?
- Which account has many engaged followers?
- What type of content has produced sterling results in the past?
- What type of content hasn’t done well in the past?
- What kind of audience is engaging with your content?
- Who is your key target audience demographic?
- Does your target demographic align with your social media audience?
- Can you identify any gaps you need to fill in your social media presence?
- How is your SEO strategy on your Instagram account?
Step 3: Plan Your Posting Cadence
Step 4: Add Your own Content
- Theme posts – Create posts on trending issues in your industry to update your followers. For instance, you can produce content around a recent webinar, conference, tradeshow, or the latest news in your sector.
- Serial posts –Share information about your unique product or service through serial posts. Use these posts to showcase your in-depth knowledge and educate your customers about how your service or product works.
- Write short-form articles and guest blogs to solve customers’ pain points and show thought leadership.
- Create a press release on your product launch, when you expand into global markets, or when you release company results.
- Holiday or seasonal greetings
- Produce videos based on specific projects, products, events, or campaigns.
- Video customer stories, interviews, or case studies
- Have fun with your fans by sharing humorous and interesting info about your company. Who did dumb things at lunch break?
Step 5: Measure Results Using Analytics
- Instagram Analytics Tool: Track over 20 key metrics on your Instagram account to enhance your content strategy with real-time reporting tools. For example, keep tabs on follower and conversion rates, time spent on ranking on Instagram hashtags, content engagement, and reach rates. Use the tool to understand the ideal times of posting to increase engagement.
- Instagram Hashtag Tool: Find relevant hashtags in seconds to grow profile views, impressions, and follows from a wider audience. Get 40 recommendations for every search, including a filter that uses key hashtag metrics. Also, cash in on the best-performing hashtags to drive growth.
- Instagram Scheduler: Use a content calendar to organize and schedule different posts, including carousels, reels, feed posts, and more. Save time by automating your Instagram content posts and knowing the best times to share new details with your audience.
Everything You Need to Know About the Threads Algorithm
Meta has officially released exactly how the Threads algorithm works. Here’s everything you need to know about Threads in 2024.
11 days ago
17 LinkedIn Statistics Every B2B Marketer Needs to Know
We’ve gathered up all the best and most interesting bits of LinkedIn statistics you should know if you’re planning a LinkedIn marketing strategy in 2024.
3 days ago
Best Strategic Marketing Tools in 2024
Explore the best strategic marketing tools of 2024. Discover features, pros, cons, and pricing to enhance your marketing strategy and achieve success.
10 days ago