Marketing to Gen Z: The Complete Marketing Strategy Guide
Trying to figure out how to make your marketing work for Gen Z? We’ve got the guide for you! Here’s how to create a marketing strategy for Gen Z.
Written byMackenzie Taylor
Who is Gen Z?
View this post on Instagram
Does Gen Z like advertising?
What do Gen Z consumers want?
What do Gen Z value the most?
The best strategies to market to Gen Z
1. Get them in with a hook
- Keep it short and sweet: Gen Z has a short attention span (you essentially have 7 seconds to grab their attention!), so videos should be concise and to the point.
- Use engaging visuals and graphics: Use bold colors, animations, and other visual elements to capture Gen Z’s attention.
- Incorporate humor: Gen Z is known for their love of humor and satire (same, same), so incorporating it in video content can be a great way to engage them.
- Use influencer marketing: Partner with popular social media influencers to create relatable and authentic video content that resonates with Gen Z.
- Use interactive elements: Use interactive elements such as polls, quizzes, and user-generated content to make the video experience more engaging.
- Make it relatable: Show real-life scenarios that Gen Z can relate to and make the video content relatable to their life.
- Be authentic: Be authentic and true to the message you are trying to convey, and avoid being too salesy (no one wants to be told they have to buy something—show off why they need it).
- Make it easily shareable: Make sure the video is easily shareable across social media platforms, and encourage viewers to share it with their friends.
- Use subtitles: As Gen Z is highly reliant on mobile devices for their online activities, using subtitles can help them to engage with the video content even when they’re on the go.
2. Use the best hashtags
- Encouraging people to participate in a challenge by creating a specific piece of content.
- Raising awareness around a cause
- Gathering content related to something specific about your brand under one hashtag
3. Establish your beliefs and values
4.Be accountable for any mistakes
@ryanair You look up when you talk to me #ryanair #shortking ♬ violence is not the answer x drita – Shadowbanned 💋
5. Sense of humor
- Use memes and GIFs: Memes and GIFs are a popular way to add humor to social media, as they are easily shareable and can be used to convey a wide range of emotions and messages.
- Use satire and irony: Gen Z appreciates satire and irony, so using these elements in social media posts can be a great way to connect with them.
- Use relatable and self-deprecating humor: Share relatable and self-deprecating humor that Gen Z can connect with.
- Use comedy skits and parody videos: Create comedy skits and parody videos that poke fun at popular culture, current events, or your own brand.
- Use comedic hashtags and captions: Use hashtags and captions that are funny, witty, and relatable to connect with Gen Z.
- Use humor in your visuals: Use humor in your visuals as well, like cartoon characters, or comic strips, or even funny illustrations.
- Collaborate with comedians or comedy influencers: Collaborate with comedians or comedy influencers to create relatable and authentic humor content that resonates with Gen Z.
- Keep it positive and avoid offensive humor: Use humor that is positive and avoids offensive or negative topics.
- Create an open and accessible feedback system: Make it easy for Gen Z to provide feedback by creating an online platform or forum where they can share their thoughts and ideas. Let them be able to easily connect with you with their ideas and feedback, so they feel as if they have a connection and a voice with your biz.
- Respond to feedback promptly: If they are sending you DMs or commenting under your posts, you need to show them that their feedback is valued! Respond in a timely manner (or even put an auto-response up to say you’ll get to their message soon!) so they know they are important to you.
- Run surveys and focus groups: Regularly run surveys and focus groups to gather feedback from Gen Z on your products, services, and overall brand.
- Implement feedback into your strategy: Take the feedback you receive from Gen Z and use it to improve your products, services, and overall brand strategy. You gave them a voice, so actually use it!
- Show appreciation and act on feedback: Show appreciation for the feedback and act on it, this will make them feel like they are being heard and more likely to provide feedback in the future.
- Be transparent and honest: Be transparent and honest about the steps you are taking to address their feedback and communicate any changes you make as a result.
TikTok Tools You Need to Start Using Today
We break down the top TikTok tools you need, their features, and pricing so you can decide which ones to use for your content strategy.
3 months ago
Trending TikTok Sounds: 8 Easy Ways to Find TikTok Songs
Ready to start making our TikToks go viral? You’ll need trending TikTok sounds. Here’s exactly how to find the best one for your next video!
1 month ago
AI Content Creation: Everything You Need to Know
Curious what AI content creation is and how to make it work for you and your social media strategy? We’re here to break it all down for you.
1 month ago