Written byMackenzie Taylor
Jump to a section ✨
What is the Threads App?
View this post on Instagram
Who has access to Threads?
How does Instagram Threads App work?
- Each post can be up to 500 characters long (better than Twitter!).
- Videos have to be 5 minutes or less to upload.
- Your account can be private or public (whatever you want!).
How to set up your Instagram Threads profile
- Download the app
- Login using your Instagram account.
- Write your bio, add your image, and a link (if you want!). Something that Instagram makes SO easy for you is you can click “Import from Instagram” and all the information on your bio will move over to Threads.
- Select whether you want your account to be public or private
- Choose if you want to follow the same people you follow on Instagram, or if you want to manually follow people.
- Click “Next” and you’re good to go! You have a Threads account!
How to follow other users on Instagram Threads
How to block users on Threads
- Go to their profile page
- Click the three dots above their profile picture
- Click “Block”
- And you’re done!
- They won’t be able to send you messages or find your profile or anything on both Threads and Instagram.
How to post to Threads
- From the homepage, click the notepad icon at the bottom of the screen
- You’ll be then asked to write your first post. You can use up to 500 characters, tag others, and include photos, videos, links, and emojis.
- Once you’ve crafted the perfect post, all you have to do is click “Post” and that’s it!
How to turn off notifications on Threads
- On your profile, click on the settings symbol (it’s two horizontal lines right above your profile picture)
- Click “Notifications”
- You can then pause all notifications or select “threads and replies” or “following and followers” to dive deeper into the notifications you do and don’t want
How to delete a post on Threads
- Click the three dots next to the Thread
- Click “Delete”
How to delete your Instagram Threads account
- Go to your settings from your profile
- Click on “Account”
- Click “Deactivate profile”
“You can deactivate your Threads account, which hides your Threads profile and content, you can set your profile to private, and you can delete individual threads posts — all without deleting your Instagram account. Threads is powered by Instagram, so right now it’s just one account, but we’re looking into a way to delete your Threads account separately.”
Social Media Marketing Tips: Small Business Guide 2024
The world of social media can be daunting for small business owners. If you’re just getting started, here are our top tips for businesses when it comes to social media management.
1 month ago
How to End Up on Instagram’s Explore Page in 2024
The Explore page is where you want to be, but how in the world do you end up there? Let us take you through the various tips and tricks to get your content on Instagram’s Explore Page.
1 month ago
AI Content Creation: Everything You Need to Know
Curious what AI content creation is and how to make it work for you and your social media strategy? We’re here to break it all down for you.
10 days ago