Written byJulia Cohen
Jump to a section ✨
How to search on TikTok
- Make sure you are on the Discover page, which you can get to by clicking the home icon at the bottom of your screen. The app usually opens on this page.
- In the top right-hand corner of your screen, click the magnifying glass icon.
- Start typing in the video, user, trend, sound, general keyword, etc. that you’d like to search for. Be as specific as you can!
- Select search and you’ll be able to choose from “Top” which displays accurately selected videos based on your term: “Videos,” “Users,” “Sounds,” “Shop,” “LIVE,” and “Hashtags.”
- If you don’t know what to search for, TikTok will suggest search terms in the ‘You may like’ section.
How to search by trend on TikTok
How to search by sound on TikTok
How to search for a user on TikTok
How to search for help or recommendations on TikTok
@truecrimecaitlyn Replying to @tamowen1710 @tamowen1710 my true crime book recommendations! let me know if you want recommendations for fiction crime books too!⤵️ #fyp #foru #truecrimebook #truecrimeuk #uktruecrime #ukcrimes #tedbundy #jonestown #elizabethsmart #chriswatts #truecrimebooks #crimebooks #booktok ♬ prolly my spookiest beat (slowed + reverb) – prodby668
How to appear in searches on TikTok
Use the right hashtags
Be more descriptive with your caption
Use closed captions
Make sure your video has a topic
Use a trending sound
Create original content
Stitch a popular video
How to Make Money on TikTok (With Tips + Tricks) in 2024
Learn how to make money on TikTok as a brand and content creator (with tips and tricks included!).
1 month ago
How to Create Effective TikTok Ads: Everything You Need to Know
Here’s the best approach to advertising on TikTok, why it’s important, and why implementing social analytics tools can make or break your TikTok strategy.
4 months ago
TikTok Tools You Need to Start Using Today
We break down the top TikTok tools you need, their features, and pricing so you can decide which ones to use for your content strategy.
5 months ago