Written byJulia Cohen
What is Alt Text?🧐
How Can Alt Text Improve the Visibility of Your Posts?👍
So, Here’s How To Do It…
How to add Alt Text to an existing post:
- Head to the post you want to add Alt Text to. Here, we’re on our post about how to craft the perfect Instagram caption.
- Click the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the post, to see your options, then click edit.
- In the bottom right-hand corner you’ll see the option to “Edit Alt Text” – click this.
- Add in your Alt Text, and select done!
How to add Alt Text to a new post:
- Once you have the perfect post, caption, hashtags and edits head to Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down to accessibility and you should see the option to “Write Alt Text.” Add in your text and click done!
The best practices for writing Alt Text on your Instagram posts:
- Be descriptive. Remember, the purpose of Alt Text is to make your post accessible, so you want to write something that makes sense and is contextually relevant. If you are too vague, it won’t help with search results either. So, try to avoid posting a line of Alt Text that says “girl in dress,” go for something a little more descriptive like “fashion blogger in long red dress in London.”
- Include keywords that you want to be searched for. If someone searches dog lover, and you exclusively post pictures of your dogs, you might want to come up in that search. Therefore, don’t be afraid to use terms that describe the type of account you have, just as long as it makes sense when it’s all typed out. That way, you have a higher chance of appearing in searches you want to appear in.
- If your post includes text that is important to the image, type this out too.
- Be specific, but not too specific. Describe your image so that someone knows exactly what is in it, and so that you include important keywords, but avoid unnecessary details.
- Use Flick (or your hashtags) for inspo. Just like Alt Text, hashtags need to be contextually relevant if they are going to perform well. If you’re stumped, look to your hashtags for descriptive words, and use Flick to see which performs best. This can help you narrow down an Alt Text caption that you will achieve maximum potential for visibility on.
100+ Best Thanksgiving Instagram Captions
To help you quickly share a post and get back to eating all the food you can handle, we’ve gathered a list of funny, inspiring, and cute Thanksgiving Instagram captions for your Turkey Day!
19 days ago
2024 Social Media Image Sizes [Templates + Tips]
Looking for all the right dimensions for your social media posts? We’ve got you. Here’s your 2024 social media image size guide.
1 month ago
Pros And Cons Of AI-Generated Content: Eye-Opening Examples
With AI-generated content taking over the world, you need to know the pros, cons, and which tools to use for your content. Here are our tips and tricks.
3 months ago