Written byMackenzie Taylor
Jump to a section ✨
Why add music to your Instagram Posts and Stories?
How to add music to an Instagram post
- Click the “+” at the bottom of the screen to create a new post
- Select the photo(s) you would like to post.
- Edit your image, add your gorgeous caption, tag people, add hashtags, and do all the things that you would typically do when posting.
- On the edit page, you will see an option called “Add music”
- Click this option to be directed to the music page.
- Select a song from the For You page and/or search for a song inside the app.
- Once you have found the song you like, adjust the clip to the section of the song you’d like.
- When you’re happy with the snippet, click “done” and post!
How to add music to Instagram Stories
- Open your Instagram app
- Once open, click on your Instagram Story, so you can start creating content.
- Create a video or take a photo. If you already have content you want to add to your story on your phone, swipe up to upload the content from your camera roll.
- Once your content is put together, click the sticker icon at the top of the screen.
- Select the “music” sticker.
- From here, scroll through your “For You” page full of suggested songs. Don’t see a song you want? You can search for a song you’d like to add in the search bar.
- Once you find a song, add it to your Story.
- Select which part of the song you want to play in the background.
- Choose how you would like the song to display on your story (you can have lyrics, the album cover, or just the music itself.
- Share your story!
How to add music to Instagram Story without a sticker
How to add music to Instagram Story from Apple Music
- Go to the song you want to share and click the three dots.
- From there, click “share”
- An application menu will appear, select “Instagram”
- Instagram will open and automatically add the song to your Instagram Story draft
- You’re ready to post!
How to add music to Instagram Story from Spotify
- Open Spotify and find the song you want to share
- Tap the share icon at the bottom of the screen
- Click “Stories” once the options appear
- Instagram will open up automatically and add the song to your Instagram Story draft.
- You’re ready to post!
Can I add my own music to Instagram?
Instagram Stories: The Complete Guide to Creating Engaging Content
Everything you should know about how to use Instagram Stories to increase your organic reach as well as engage and attract your followers.
4 months ago
Top 10 Top Hootsuite Alternatives in 2024
Discover the top Hootsuite alternatives in 2024. Find AI-driven tools for innovative content creation, strategy, and management. Flick Social and others offer advanced features to enhance your digital...
1 month ago
20 Instagram Story Hacks You Need to Know
Looking to spice up your Instagram Stories this year? From clever design tricks to engaging strategies, we’ve got all the Instagram Story hacks you’ll need for 2023.
24 days ago