Written byJulia Cohen
Jump to a section ✨
How many followers do you need to get verified on Facebook?
Can anyone get verified on Facebook?
- A following of 500 or more.
- A page that represents a real person or business.
- A complete profile (your about me, contact details etc. should all be filled out)
- You’ll be more likely to get your application approved if you are a notable person/business or are ‘known’ for something in particular, however anyone can get verified.
Do you need a business account to be verified on Facebook?
How do you create a business account on Facebook?
- Go to facebook.com/business and click on the “Create a Page” button.
- Choose the type of page you want to create—either a business/brand page or a community/public figure page.
- Fill out the basic information for your page, including the page name, category, and description.
- Add a profile picture and cover photo for your page. These should be visually appealing and representative of your brand.
- Customize your page by adding additional information such as a bio, hours of operation, contact information, and links to your website and other social media profiles.
- Start creating content for your page by sharing updates, photos, videos, and other posts that are relevant to your audience.
- Build your audience by inviting people to like your page, promoting your page on other social media platforms, and engaging with your followers.
How do you get the blue check on Facebook?
Does it cost money to get verified on Facebook?
Do you get paid for being verified on Facebook?
What are the benefits of being verified on Facebook?
- If you have a verified account, it automatically shows that you or your business is the real deal. It stops potential fraudsters from making fake accounts or trying to impersonate your page, making it clear that your account is legit.
- Verified pages tend to show up higher in search results, so, if someone is specifically looking for you, or an account in your niche, they’ll find you first, increasing your potential for more followers.
- People are more likely to follow verified accounts because it communicates that the page is an expert, or the account holder has some sort of expertise. This is more psychological, but if a page has a verified badge, others are more likely to follow it, as it seems trustworthy, and appears ‘recognized’ by the social media platform.
How to Create a Facebook Business Page (Guide + Tips)
Started a business but not sure how to get that business on Facebook? Here’s our step-by-step guide on creating a Facebook Business account.
2 months ago
Best Facebook Marketing Tools in 2024
Discover the top Facebook marketing tools. Explore our expert guide to enhance your digital strategy with top tools for ad targeting, analytics, and more.
1 month ago
Best Social Media Management Tools in 2024
Explore the best social media management tools this coming 2024. Discover features, pros, cons, and pricing to enhance your online strategy and engagement.
1 month ago