How to Add Instagram Reels Cover Photo
Need to add or edit an Instagram Reels cover photo? Follow our step-by-step guide on how to add and edit your Reels cover photo.
Posted 1 year ago
Written byMackenzie Taylor
Posted 1 year ago
Is your Instagram Reel seriously messing up the look and feel of your Instagram feed? #ICYMI: You can add a cover photo to your Reel to make sure that it fits your feed and keeps your carefully curated aesthetic in place. Today we’re taking you through exactly how to add a cover photo to your Instagram Reel and edit the cover photo once it’s officially published!
How to Add a Cover Photo to Instagram Reels
It’s been proven that Instagram Reels perform best when they are shared to your profile, so making sure they fit the ‘gram can be important to the overall look of your grid. To do this, you’ll need to add a Reels cover, and here’s how you do that:
- Once you have your Instagram reel created, head to the “Share” settings screen.
- Click “Cover” on the preview image of your reel.
- From here, you can select a still image from your Reel by dragging the slider icon across the footage. Or, you can click “Add from Camera Roll” at the bottom of the screen to upload an image from your phone.
You can preview and edit how your cover image will look in your profile grid by selecting “Crop profile image.” Drag the image to reposition, or shrink it with your fingertips to zoom in or out of the image.
How to Edit an Instagram Reels Cover Photo
After everyone pleaded Instagram for it, the app launched a recent update where you can now edit Instagram Reels cover photos. Huzzah! Now you can make sure all of your Reels look on-point and on-brand. Here’s how to do it:
- Open a published Instagram Reel
- Select the three dots on the side (below the share button)
- Select Edit
- Tap “Cover” on the preview image
- Select an image by dragging the slider to a clip from the Reel, or select “Add from Camera Roll” to upload an image from your phone!
Once you have all of your Instagram Reels looking on point and on-brand, it’s time to really start breaking out the viral content to take your content to the next level. Need some help and ideas on what Instagram Reels you should do next? We’ve got you. We’ve also got the ultimate guide for all things Instagram Reels and what you should be paying attention to when it comes to creating your content.
More articles related to
10 Instagram Reels Stats You Need to Know
Not sure why you should be using Instagram Reels? These stats might change your mind and get you to start filming your first one!
9 months ago
Instagram Reels Templates are Finally Here!
Instagram Reels templates are finally here and we are bringing you everything you need to know about how to use them.
10 months ago
Instagram Now Allows Boosting of Reels
It’s finally here! Instagram now allows boosting of Instagram Reels! Learn which Reels are eligible and how to boost.
8 months ago