How to Use Instagram Branded Content Tools
Looking to set up Instagram branded content tools so you can partner with a content creator or business? We’re taking you through the step-by-step guide to get started.
Written byMackenzie Taylor
Jump to a section ✨
What is branded content?
View this post on Instagram
What is Instagram branded content tools?
Who has branded content on Instagram eligibility?
- Comply with Instagram Community Guidelines
- Comply with Instagram Content Monetization Policies
- Share accurate information
- Monetize authentic engagement
- Follow Instagram’s rules for making and receiving payments
- Develop an established presence
- Follow rules for politicians and governments
- Avoid systemic violations
- You must have a Business or Creator account. If you’re a business, you must have a Business account to be tagged as a paid partner. If you need help switching, read our step-by-step guide on how to do so here.
- Content creators and publishers must have an “authentic, established presence.”
- Must comply with Instagram’s Community Guidelines.
- You can’t be a government official who is subject to the government’s rules or ethics.
How to set up Instagram Branded Content as a Content Creator
1. Set up brand content tools
- Open Instagram and tap Menu
- Open Settings
- Click Account
- Select Branded Content Tools
- Click Get Tools
2. Tag your business partner in the post
3. The brand must approve the post
How to set up Instagram Branded Content Tool as a Business or Brand
1. Apply for Facebook Brand Collabs Manager
2. Locate Branded Content Tools in the Instagram App
- Open Instagram
- Tap Menu
- Click Settings
- Click Business
- Open Branded Content
- Click “Approve Content Creators”
3. Review your branded content
How to Remove Instagram Branded Content Tool
- Open the Instagram app and go to your Activity Page
- Tap Branded Content
- Select the post you want to untag
- Tap the dots in the top right corner
- Click Remove Tag
4. Promote Branded Content in Ads
- Go to your Facebook Business Page
- Go to Ads Manager
- Click Create an Ad
- Pick your ad objective. Branded content can only be used for App installs, Brand Awareness, Reach, Traffic, Video Views, Conversions, and Page Post Engagement
- Go through all the steps of ad creation
- When you get to the creation of the ad image, click Use Existing Post, then branded content. You’ll be able to see all the posts that creators have approved you can use for ads from them
- Preview the ad placements and click confirm to create the ad
50+ Best St. Patrick’s Day Captions to Bring You Luck
If you’re planning a fun party with friends, going to a parade in an all-green outfit, or drinking the day away at a local Irish pub, we’ve got the perfect captions for you to use to show off your fes...
2 months ago
Head of Instagram Explains How Instagram Ranking Works
This week, the Head of Instagram took to his page to explain exactly how Instagram ranking works and what Instagram’s algorithms look for when it comes to showing your content.
User-Generated Content: What It Is and Why You Need It
User-generated content is the key to having a successful social media strategy. We’re taking you everything you need to know about UGC and how to make it work for you.
5 months ago