How to Use Instagram Guides
Learn how to use Instagram Guides – the new feature on Instagram that could help brands and creators see more organic, targeted growth.
Written byJulia Cohen
Jump to a section ✨
What are Instagram Guides? 🤔
- Places – a guide of your favorite places based on location, saved posts, or your own existing posts.
- Products – search for brands and add their products into a ‘gift guide’ or ‘wishlist’ for example.
- Posts – share your existing posts in a guide around a specific topic.
What are the benefits of Instagram Guides? 📖
- They give your audience a deeper understanding of your own voice, as they give you the option to add personal commentary to your posts in a format that is different from a caption. Because Guides look more like blog posts or articles, the flow of reading is much more natural and the commentary feels a little rawer. Authenticity makes followers stick around, and this could be a great way to retain followers.
- They are much more tailored to your audience. Instagram has dedicated a whole new tab to Guides, so when users click on this section, they can see all of the Guides a person has made. They can then select the guides they want to view based on their personal interests and have a ‘tailored-to-them’ experience, which features the posts they are most likely to resonate with.
- They can increase your discoverability. If someone is looking through a Guide you have created, they may have the opportunity to discover some of your older content that isn’t fresh on your feed. This almost repurposes your content for you and could drive more conversions on your page.
- As a business, the option to create guides based on products and locations is a real win. If you partner with an influencer to create a gift guide, for example, this could be a natural and relevant way to place your products in front of your target audience’s eyes.
- You can continue to build on them. Just because you’ve created a Guide, doesn’t mean you can’t come back to it. They are editable, so if you create fresh content that fits in with one of your Guide’s themes, you can directly add it in there – almost like a Pinterest board!
- If Instagram rolls out a new feature, it is usually beneficial to take advantage of it from the get-go. Users claim that you may get rewarded by the algorithm by trying out new features when they first launch, as they are a lot less competitive in the initial stages of introduction.
How to use Instagram Guides 📲
How to find Instagram guides
9 ways your business can use Instagram guides
1. Deliver how-to instructions
2. Introduce team members
3. Showcase customer reviews and testimonials
4. Promote a new product or service
5. Make a gift guide
6. Answer common questions
7. Curate a list of resources
8. Create a ranked list
9. Make a travel guide
How to Sell on Instagram in 2021
Want to learn how to make your page more profitable and sell on Instagram in 2021? Read our new blog post for the top tips and tricks!
2 years ago
6 Tips to Improve Your Instagram Ads and Get Higher Conversions
As a business and brand, having an Instagram account that posts daily is only going to get you so far when it comes to selling your product or service online. You need to look into advertising, specif...
1 year ago
How to Start a Fundraiser on Instagram
Want to set up a fundraiser on Instagram? In today’s article we show you how to set one up, and give you ideas for creatively sharing it.
1 year ago